R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - BAD AUSTRALIAN AMAIN FUEL KILLS ENGINES
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2009, 06:57 AM
sheeley
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by rc skyline
All due respect Sheely but that corrosion you see on the end of the crank and no doubt is on he,s bearings also is what happens or seems to be happening to many a person when they use amain fuel... it seems to be the main problem (read back a couple pages),

I still have my amain fuel here that i ran when my rear bearing falied in my go 5 port so i am going to do a few tests.. That fuel of mine is only a couple of months old too btw

And in regards to your post re tuning, Bearings do not fail before a piston/ sleeve assy will fail if your engine is to lean.... Sorry!

Dave

No problem, I respect all opinions. My posts are just opinions too. From my experience corrosion will not happen after using after run oil. I put after run in after my main while the engine is still warm.
And I have also had a rear bearing failure tuning a Max Power engine. I was not driving just tuning so I had no feel for the engine when it over heated. The engine came in for fuel and I noticed it was wayy too hot so we shut it down but it was too late. The rear bearing failed and ruined the engine.