R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - BAD AUSTRALIAN AMAIN FUEL KILLS ENGINES
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2009, 06:01 AM
tommo
Tech Apprentice

when my bearing went after 3 litres of Amain...Mark told me that it was GRP fault and nothing to do with the fuel. this fuel was consumed in 48 hrs in a new motor prior to a race day

after a few emails back and forth with Mark and the engine importer. I had the motor repaired at my costs. as nether would admit any kind of responsibility { not surprising} and blamed each others product, or me the end user

I think that that poster here that pointed out that the Massive Mods fuel is inconsistent has hit it on the head. as Ive known drivers having no problem with amain, yet two benches down out of a different bottle drivers are having bearing issues.

also I have a quote from mark saying there is no need to run after run oil when using amain fuel , he also accused me of being a

quote" bitch with a skinned knee. Grow up Tommo " end quote.
...also something about me having kids etc

all this after recommending his HB 444, but saying that MY. Grp had issues with Amain..

this all happened around the same time frame as the now apparent issues with the motors at Liverpool club and other places around the country... .

up until Mark posted a very damning post against me on my own club forum, I was the best of friend with the Massive mods brand...not now though im afraid..

also Im supprised that Massive Mods would use his customers as guinea pigs for Amain fuel...

Im over it now. but after reading so many posts here and on other Aussie forums.
I thought id share my experience

Ive met mark quite a few times, and had beer/meals with him. i also considered him a mate inside this circle of RC buddies we all have. i did get my fuel for free too at one stage...pity it all had to go the way it did really as we was mates for a long while

Last edited by tommo; 11-11-2009 at 01:37 PM.