R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - SANDBAGGING AT BIG RACES!!!!!!!!!!!!
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2009, 11:35 AM
turn marshall
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by NitroLuver
I do think if you have chassis sponsorship you should at least run amatuer/intermediate however just because you race for a team doesn't make you fast I am a prime example lol(I do run intermediate class though)
Originally Posted by Semple
I think it's hard to say. Around here there are a lot of chassis companies that are sponsoring big 5-10 man teams. Most of the team members will not win an a-main at all, I think it's more just to corral a group of guys and make them your customers and only your customers. If company A can sponsor 10 guys and give them 30% off of every company A product, they're still making a lot of profit, and they have 10 exclusive customers.

That way everyone wins. Guys get high on the fact that they're sponsored, and rep the company very well. The company sells a butt-load of product to 10 guys, and they get really good representation at the track.

....but a good portion of the drivers will not fair so well in expert.

My $0.02. I could be totally wrong, as this is mostly speculation based on my observations. My point is simply that it's hard to throw all these chassis sponsored guys in with the pros or even experts. Whomever is in charge of sponsorships at these companies that are sponsoring 10 man teams in each region is brilliant.

My point is that it's hard to throw all these chassis sponsored guys in with the pros or even experts.
Well said !!