R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - San Marcos Hobbytown Track
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2009, 11:07 PM
Robertmjr
Tech Initiate

Default San Marcos Hobbytown Track

I'm happy to say that all of our equipment worked perfectly today. That said,
I need to add that today was my test for using the equipment, in particular, the timing program. If you were there you know that it took some time to get everything down to the point that things were running something close to the way they should. I feel confident that there will still be a glitch here and there, but, I think we are over the hump. I'm looking forward to having much more fun on the 6th of december.
I can't begin to tell you how much I appreciate your patience today. That, combined with some much needed moral support was what got me through the day without pulling out the little hair I have left.
Most of you are aware the A.J. joined Tex and I today putting the track together. While I knew A.J. was going to be a big help, I did not know he was a computer wizard A#1. Without his guidance I think I'd still be sitting there!
Tex has a bad knee, but in spite of the pain he was feeling, he was his usual hard working, smiling self.
Once all the races were done and we were packing things up I could not help to see that all the transponders had been returned to us. This is no little thing as each of those little guys costs over $100. I know from experience that it is very easy to forget that their in you car or truck until you get home.
From now on we will be setting up our table further out in the parking lot, toward Montiel rd. I know that many of you were having a very hard time hearing us on the PA system. We need to be careful how loud we turn up the PA system. On one side we have to think about the businesses, on the other we need to think about those living across the street. I'm sure moving our table will take care of the problem.
One thing was apparent to me today, that was we need to be less lenient on accepting late sign ups. Once I get my act together so that your not waiting for me, we need to hold closer to the cutoff time for sign ups.
Once again, thank you everyone, and I'm looking forward to seeing you again on december 6, it's time for a cold one, Bob.