R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - BAD AUSTRALIAN AMAIN FUEL KILLS ENGINES
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2009, 03:50 PM
mrbusta
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default hello

Originally Posted by MassiveMods
Im hoping this thread will be of some use .

Piston Scuffing is caused by a few things

Lean tune , normally HSN at high RPM
Or
Debris entering the engine

If you have an engine with scuffing and bluing on the crank pin and piston then its a lean tune, if its only on the piston then its debris , in this case would have been from the bearing race cracking.

Just for everyones benefit . if yo have an engine no matter what fuel you use or brand of engine , if the thing starts to run weird you SHOULD inspect the engine . Dont insist on running it . Race engines need a high degree of maintenance if you want them to be reliable . and unless you have your engine blessed by the pope you have not much chance of it running reliably without some sort of maintenance schedule.

And on another point can anyone tell me of A Brand of race engine that has never had a malfunction ? The answer is there is none. Any engine is suceptable to malfunction. Especially if they arent maintained properly.

When you finish a race meet normally you inspect the wheel bearings , servos and electrics , clutch etc .. the busted or worn parts are replaced yes ? So why not inspect the engine ? it probabaly goes through more stress than any orther component .

There are countless successes on A MAin fuels with team and non team drivers . Their success is due to their ability to maintain their vehicle , anyone that finishes in the top 3 needs to be very vigilant of wear and tear if they intend to finish a long final . if you have a glitch in yoru radio you inspect it , if the clutch feels wrong you inspect it , if the engine runs weird you inspect it .. These arent X Boxes that reset them selves after a run ..

Hope this helps

Cheers MM
maybe that were i got stumped i really tryed my hardest to find the reset button then the missus said look for the any-key wow i need to learn more