R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Truggy
Thread: Truggy
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2009, 01:13 PM
MadRussian
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Alan D.
I've seen every make, every model break.

The first batch of Z cars looked fragile. It was also 40* outside and the guys could drive out of a wet paper bag. I'm just sharing what I've seen form the car don't take it as gospel. I'll tell you this though every racer in my are that had a Z car now drives something else. Not saying it's bad just people didn't like it. I hate having to write like this every fan boy gets upset when I tell it like it is. Oh well.

We all have durability stories. I drove my D8 into a wall wide open and kept going.
I've seen an Mbx5t break from just tapping a pipe and mine never broke in 2 years of racing.

sigh, but hey I don't know what I'm talking about right.
I am the owner of Z-Car USA which makes me juuust a bit more than a fanboi, Alan . And I am telling you how it is from my point of view/experience, and hearing back from our race Team drivers and the z-car drivers here in the USA and all over the world.
One of the 1st batches had brittle plastic arms, but that was fixed pretty much immediately back in 2007 when Z-Cars first came out, but there may be a couple still floating around there. This was 2 years ago and a very small amount. The only problems we have seen are there was a bad batch of wheels that were too brittle, so we tell people to boil them just to be on the safe side, but its been a while since I have heard of that problem, perhaps that batch has all been sold now.
There is no known issues, and one of the biggest virtues of Z-Cars is the ludicrous durability and wear of both the truggy and buggy.
They are both underpriced because it is still a relatively new brand in a highly competitive and brand loyal market, but people who get one realize its a no compromise, serious all out r/c race vehicle, and the best value out there.

Beefhead just because you havent heard of the Z-Car, dont assume they are not top notch vehicles.
They are Taiwan based, just FYI and got 6 patents on the design.
The owner of SH engines, who makes their own engine line as well as other products for Dynamite, LRP and Losi, is an avid 1/8th scale nitro off road enthusiast, and opened Z-Car Technologies (Tw) and hired an ace staff and built a large facility for manufacturing, R&D and a track, and started making Nitro buggies and then truggys.
Here, for more info:
http://www.z-car.com.tw/about.html