R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - T.O.P. Racing "Photon" 1/10 EP Touring Car
Old 11-05-2009, 09:53 PM
L.Fairtrace
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

I know for a fact that almost every driver in the A main ran a new set of tires every run. I only ran 2 sets of tires during 4 rounds and the mains and was just as fast as anyone else. Even faster. If we were running SJR's and everyone else was running Jacos I could see where your question might be valid but since everyone was on equal tires its pretty much a moot point. I had 1/20th the time on the car at the IIC as all the A mainers had plus I had issues with other things also, now that we have developed a proper setup you will see Top cars at or near the top of every big Super Stock race for a long time to come, no matter what the tire.

In the 4th round I'm pretty sure that the top 5 cars had brand new tires on their cars. Here are the laptimes. 4 A mainers from the IIC were at this race including 2 of the top 3 finishers and 2 of the top 3 qualifiers. Not every result will be similar because they are all very good drivers and racers but it just shows that the car is capable of running at the top.

4th Round Halloween Classic Laptimes

I ran the exact same setup I run at our track with Jacos and this setup is the fastest car at our track. I wish I actually had some newer jacos to try at the Classic because the car may have been just as fast. I personally like the feel of jacos on my car better but its about .1-.2 faster on Sorex based tires, but like I said everyone was on equal tires so it really doesnt matter.

Last edited by L.Fairtrace; 11-05-2009 at 10:08 PM.