R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - European 2wd 1/8th pan car on-road Classic class
Old 10-29-2009, 04:01 PM
*1speedy
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wingracer
I will say this much. I do think GT is ultimately doomed. Not right now. Right now it seems like a great class. It will be doomed the day someone like Serpent or Mugen decides to build a full blown race car just for the class instead of a revamped buggy. Then it will be just as expensive, demanding and difficult as 1/8th so why bother.
Our hope is this class will evolve like all the others that are there now. As to this class getting as demanding & difficult or as expensive as the 1/8th classes that you are suggesting I would cautiously say this was never the direction that this class had chosen however these so mentioned buggy characteristics are the exact ones that make this class so enjoyable for us that so passionately enjoy it. Fair to say if those other companies that you mentioned were involved I could easily see the expense going through the roof but I agree with you to say it will not happen any time soon.