R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Jammin JPX 21 Plus ( new)
View Single Post
Old 10-28-2009, 05:18 AM
thabiuk
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Alrighty update time,

I got the new Plus motor in about 3 weeks ago, I broke it in using Torco 30%. I first completely sealed the engine with Lucky 7, replaced the carb insert with a 7mm and ran 2 tanks at idle, then began to tune. I ran into some tuning problems by the 5th tank and found the head bolts had backed out, I put a little thread lock and retightened them.

I did find the needle settings with the new card were slightly different from my notes with the last motor on it's 10th tank, but atmospherical changes are most likely the reason. I did change out the glow plug at this point to an O'Donnell's 99T, which worked better than expected on the old version 3 plugs to 7 gallons.

I went out the the Farm 2 and spent a day testing and tuning, basically finishing off the first gallon. I was immediately pleased with this motor, and the redesigns, I noticed the bottom end was softer and more balanced towards the top end. The buggy was freshly rebuilt, but I believe the motor balance, led to almost a 3 second drop in lap times. It was much more controlable on the bottom end, and had more top end I feel than the previous model. I do have signifigantly more runtime than my lastime there though

Currently I have about 1 1/2 gallons and am very pleased.

Outside forcast: 76 degrees, 34% humidity, Bar 29.96
Avg. running temp: 212 degrees
Farm 2 runtime: 9 m 35s per tank
Glow Plug: Odonnell 99t
Fuel: Torco 30% 8% syn, 2% cas
Carb: stock w/ 7mm insert
Sealent: Lucky 7
Buggy: HB D8 4/5/1 with Hara's world set up.
Tires: M3 Calibers