R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 2010 ROAR Electric OnRoad Carpet Nationals @ The Track - Gaithersburg, MD
Old 10-26-2009, 09:12 PM
L.Fairtrace
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

I agree with Ken 100 percent.

Moderate to good drivers without sponsorship will be allowed to compete in a sportsman class but not a faster class if they feel skilled enough to do so with or without sponsorship. But someone that may get a slight break on the cost of motors or batteries or whatever has to be forced to compete in a class they don't feel skilled enough to compete in if they want to come to a roar event from now on.

I feel like attendance is going to be down all around, even more so than before. I know the Roar Onroad nats have been blowing up the last couple years with under 200 entries combined the last 2 years, this should help the situation lol.

For every racer that may come because they are a sportsman probably wont because they cant compete in more than one touring class and wont find it worth it to travel and spend thousands of dollars for 30 minutes of track time you will have 2 that wont come because they will be forced to run in only a class they dont feel comfortable with. Many people that run stock also run the Super stock class just for more track time, this isnt allowed any more.

When attendace is down all around making more rules on top of other rules is going to make it worse than ever.

And if roar isnt trying to kill Foam Tc then why is it stated in the latest minutes.

Touring Car classes will be rubber tire only

While I never plan on putting a 17.5 in any car I ever own, let people make their own choices on running the classes they want. This isn't a club race this is the Roar Nationals why have a sportsman class in the first place?