R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - BRCA Go Open Lipo @ 1350g for Mod
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2009, 07:23 AM
mikky32
Tech Master

My car with a light weight body and no extra weight is under the 1350.
When I build in a lighter steering servo and place my electronics on other places and I go to a smaller spectrum receiver I can go even lighter and I don't need any balancing weights.

Whit a normal body and with extra weight my car is now 1408 because in Belgium we must weigh 1400. 8 grams for safety.
The Photon is a very light car but it's also what you have in the car. The speedo the receiver and the steering servo.

I had always one of the heaviest cars and I wanted to now why, so I started to see were I could lose some weight on the car.
The steering servo and the receiver are the 2 things that I want to change still because those are still the 2 things were I can lose some weight. Also the wires to the lipo must I shorten.
Also how many paint you use on the car body, screws on the car.

Last year some Schumacher drivers drilled holes in there bulkheads to lose weight. Even now some of them have drilled holes in there mi4 motor mount.
Changed to titanium mounting and turn buckles.

I did only change from the Scythe to the Photon and to lipo.
Shortened a lot of wires and used not as many paint as I did before.
This helps a lot.
I don't go to make my car lighter for the class were I may weigh 1350. I will only use a light weight body and that's it.
Than is my car just above the 1350 and that's good.

So before you drill holes in your car ore buy lightweight mounting stuff.
Balance your car different, shorten the wires or use thiner ones and look for a lightweight body. You will see that your car will be a lot lighter and you don't need a lot of extra weight to balance your car.