R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Picco engines?
Thread: Picco engines?
View Single Post
Old 10-25-2009, 10:05 AM
Maximo
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by awdcameolsx
My friend ran 2 of these motors this year and they where junk as far as I am concerned. Out of the entire year he maby had 3 weekends he wasn't chasing a tune or dealing with flame out. Fuel Milage was a JOKE. He was always pitting at 7 min with almost nothing in the tank. Not to mention about 1.5 gallons after break in he cracked a piston in one of them. All I am gona say is if you want to stay with a low buck mill the new Werks B5 is probobly the best thing out there right now. But if you can spare the cash go with a +4, RB Killer 9, OS V-spec or Ninja JX. You wont be sorry you did. Those are all mid price engines that with care will last a LONG time and have great useable power added to great run times and easy tuning.

The only thing I can say for the orion CRF is that when it ran well it had alot of power. But thats all I can say and it was a rare sight.
We have no issues with Picco's like your describing, and we've been running them for years........ However we also have experience with Picco and know a few little tricks that your friend likely doesn't know....Your friends issues are from lack of experience, not from them being a faulty engine......