R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...
Old 10-21-2009, 06:07 PM
Greg Sharpe
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by zpmhinojosa
Track pads consist of rolled and taped up long beach towels & rolled carpet segments strung through with rope. We also use beveled floor shop mats (cut @ about 3/4s of a square foot) to add some realism. I'm sure it sounds funny, but I'll testify that the towels, and carpet are saviors!!! Soft and cushy hits if ya happen to smack that wall. LOL. We call it a "Track in a box", for us home grown track seekers. Check this footage out, I think you can see what I'm talkin about.
You guys have a really fun thing going there! Goofing off with friends is more fun than the high pressure racing, and cheaper! Check out this video and pay attention to the borders. The green portions are just lattice covered in fake grass, the red/white boards are just 1x2s screwed together in a V shape, and the yellow circles are plow dots. I've raced with this club for over ten years and I've never broken a single part. Best part.....these borders are easy to see at high speed, which is more than can be said for the standard white walls at the big national events.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.