R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - JConcepts Thread
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2009, 06:39 PM
Razathorn
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tripthreat
I have used the tires extensively, I have a good idea of how they work. If you would like to post the conditions of your track, along with the tires setup people are using with different tire manufacturers, I can advise you as to which JConcepts tires I would use to ge the best results.
Originally Posted by J_P
Razathorn: Where are you located? Most indoor tracks, the Gold will be the choice. But it could be Blue as well. Location might help for a general guess.
I already ordered the golds earlier in the day, but in any case:

We are in kansas at an indoor dirt track. The dirt is hard packed moist (with a packer machine and from a race line developing. The surface looks like dirt colored wet clay -- it isn't clay, but it is a very fine dirt that you could mold somewhat like clay with your hands (i.e. it makes great dirt balls for throwing). Through the night, the track will take rubber, but only a light grove will develop in certain places like jump aces and busy fast corners -- that groove might appear blue if the dirt wasn't so dark, but it almost looks black (but I wouldn't call it black grove because it isn't from tons of rubber on the track).

My m3 holeshots work good normally. The other night it was especially slick as some track treatment was coming out, but worn in holeshots were hooked well. Soft suburbs work great too. I have run soft goose bumps there as well and they worked pretty good, better if the track was messy, but the hole shots were better and more sure footed all around. Some folks were playing around with the idea of running slicks, but that didn't work well for them at all .

Here's a video if that helps:
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.