R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Bumps and Jumps 09/10 offroad season
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2009, 06:15 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

First I would like to thak everyone for coming out to Bumps and Jumps today. You the racers did a great job today and we where very happy to see all you guys so thanks again to everyone for making opening weekend a success.

The Spec class went well today with all the trucks running together. Bryan did wi with the new HPI Blitz but I didn't think it was because the truck was 100 percent better than the Slash, Strike or SC10. I think in qualifying Pat easily proved the Slash is capable of running with the Blitz. In the heats Pat actually had the fastest lap overall.

In the A main Bryan got a fantastic start while 2nd thru 10th beat each other to death the first lap or more and by that Time Bryan checked out. In the upcoming weeks a few more excellent drivers will be joining the Spec class along with the good guys we had this weekend. The battle will be on.

So far from watching today here is how I saw it.

Strike: Best overall steering, jumped decent, least amount of traction, stock dogbones are worthless. Will be allowed to run after market driveshafts at least until Losi makes some ones that actually work for more than one run or two. Very loose but if you figure that out can be very competitive.

SC10: Good steering, jumps well, fastest or close to in straightaway speed, ok overall traction. I had one and it don't need any after market parts. Good potential if someone spends some time and likes a loose truck.

Blitz: Good steering , excellent jumping, resonable straightaway speed, can be loose if pushed hard, no lockout for reverse like Associated, Slash and Strike have.

Slash: Best traction, heaviest, good steering, ok jumping, very good topend, still best overall tires, and very competitive with all the other trucks.

I truely think at this point it is all driver, setup, and some luck in traffic. Also a clean start is still huge in this class.

We will see alot more in the upcoming weeks but right now everything looks very equal.

I think Mod SCT is very cool but it looked like the Spec class ran very close to as fast and in some cases faster. Not a huge surprise because being consistant is key at Bumps and many other tracks.

Had a great showing in Mod truck and looks to be the upcoming and hot class this year.

A surprise and excellent showing on 1/8 nitro. Guys did a nice job overall to start the year.

Nitro truck and 4wd buggy I think where the classes with the least amount of entries. I these will be bigger or smaller depending on what guys want to race on certain weekends.

Again I want to say thanks from Bumps and Jumps for your support. We cannot do it without you guys.