R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - How do you pick what race you will go to?
Old 10-18-2009, 03:57 PM
markfanelli
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ABURTON
I know cheaper is always better. But how would a $70 entry fee look to the average racers if:

Race had tons of sponsors....I mean lots. All of these said sponsor donations go back to the open and sportsman drivers.

Free shirt and track supplied corner marshal with that $70 entry fee. So no cornering for the racers. Just kicking back, hanging out and some racing...

Indoor a super large arena, so event is a given no matter the weather. It's planned in a time of year when temps are low to mid 80's. Same temps inside.

Covered pits with lights and event supplied power and concrete floor. Outside just steps from the driverstand.

same run time for pro/open/and sportsman classes, no cutting the regular guys short

big trophies for top 5 in every class.

$4000 payout minimum for pro class and up to 10k with $325 entries(expected 250-350)

Did I mention huge prize packages for open and sportsman classes with sponsorship contracts good for one year etc?

Factory Drivers at the event

On site custom design tshirts

Proffesional announcer

Liverc.com

RC Car Magazine covering event...

I think this is a great thread and would love to here what you guys think an event of this level is worth on entry fee..

Thanks!

Alan Burton
The Speed Shop
2010 Alabama Manf. Shootout
I think that is well worth $70