R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Weird Motor problem..
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2009, 11:20 PM
glolar
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by houston
i will say the go carbs (unless fixed) leave a little room for improvement .

so hard to say as there are many variables but usually a tad lean on low if after full throttle applied and engine revs up a little then idles normal in less than 3-4 seconds . if the engine idles up and then has a nice blubbery sounding idle for more than 3-4 sec. then it is usually rich with too large of an idle gap . too lean lsn leaves engines with tingy sounding idle and usually minor lean bog when running unless overcompensated with richer than normal hsn . like i said , could be one of many things though . like said before , sticky carb or linkage .
Houston (or anyone else) ... I am having a similar problem with a motor, so hopefully you can advise:

After a 2-3 minute pre-heat warmup, engine idles great, rev the throttle and the motor returns to idle immediately. After 7 min. heat, same thing. Everything good. After 20 or 30 minute main, idle is going bing-ba-bing-bing (very high). Motor finishes the main anywhere from 230-260 (on different nights), but the idle at the end of the main is always bing-ba-bing-bing. Motor doesn't run on or lean bog during the main, in fact it runs great. But obviously something is out of tune. Any help is appreciated.