R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/12 forum
Thread: 1/12 forum
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2009, 11:22 AM
PartTime
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by timmay70
Dont mix traction compounds on the same rug and/or tires. It will make chemical soup, and will mess up traction. Paragon, when used exclusively and correctly will have traction for a full 8 minutes.

Jack on a track with good grip will last close to the full 8 minutes.

Different things will also affect grip; dirt, temperature, humidity, shadows and even air flow. The new Ozite rug has provisions to be sturdier to allow for rubber tires, however, the fibers are the same type, and the grip shouldn't change between the older type because of the enhancements to cope with rubber tires. We have the new stuff at our track, and on a good night, the grip comes right up, and sticks with us for a couple of days.
Originally Posted by wingracer
Part time, a couple things to think about.

1. Mixed compounds. Unfortunately not much you can do here since I am talking about different compounds on the track. When everyone runs Paragon, the track is fine but if just ONE guy is using jack, the problem will surface.

2. Run the same compound tire front and rear. This way, the loss of traction is even so at least the balance stays fairly close as the total grip goes down. Magentas seem to be especially good in this sort of condition.

3. For me, moving weight forward seems to help a bit in these conditions. It seems to help the rears stay good a bit longer.
Thanks for the info but, we have guys using both compounds at my track. Its out of my hands. Any ideas?

I just redid my car and moved the electronics forward. No help. I was running dbl pink front/rear the last time I drove it and no luck there. I will be picking up a set of magenta's but think it will show the same thing. Almost thought about magenta on front and dbl pink rear but fear the handling will be too much for me to handle the first couple mins.

This problem seems to show itself more in stock than mod. I think the extra speed keeps the tires hotter longer.

Also this summer the only tire that would hold on was black front. Everything else falls off. Now even blacks are letting go. Its really starting to get to the point of I dont want to run it any more. I love 1/12th but if it wont run fairly consistant then whats the point?

Dont get me wrong. For the first couple mins I have enough traction to roll the car with short tires, low ride hight and glued side walls on purple fronts. The traction is there but the tires just wont hold on. Uggg.

Thanks
DK