R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TEMECULA OFFROAD RACING
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2009, 07:52 AM
Billy T.
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I was at bending corners for some on-road races last year and Rafael, the race director, has a killer deterrant of foul language. If any driver hears another driver curse, he can collect $1 for every curse word heard. If the offendee wrings out a whole string of them, it could cost upwards of $8-$10. If there are 2 people that hear the curse word(s), the offendee pays out twice, and so on. So if your cursing on the drivers stand, it could really cost you. Now this is done not to make you broke, just to make you aware of the language being used.

I agree that there needs to be a HUGE emphasis on the reason we are all at the track to begin with, TO HAVE FUN DRIVING OUR TOY CARS.(sophisticated toy cars for some!)

I saw the aftermath of the incident that riceman speaks of, and have to say that one persons bad night should not turn into a bad night for two people.(or even more)

On behalf of the offendee, he is a young driver(no excuse) that definitely has a passion for this sport and just hasn't figured out how to control his feelings. I feel it is up to the older(wiser, and soon to be slower cuz these kids are getting it too fast...ranting sorry!) drivers to lead by example and show these kids its not all about the win.

my .02

2 fingers up, spread'em apart.
Billy Ho