R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - LRP motor mounts
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2009, 08:49 PM
rotarynut
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Thumbs up LRP motor mounts

Hey guys, I just got my used buggy Matrix R2, I dropped an LRP Z 28R spec3 in it, I first swapped the Losi clutch that came with OS .21 that was on the car, it fit just fine. However the pullstart housing hit on the chassis, someone said that I could find taller mounts on the web but couldn't lacate them and I didn't want to wait anyhow, so being the Master ASE Auto Tech that I am (brag,brag) I decided to make my very own first I figured how much taller they would have to be by stacking some washers between the engine & the mounts, it came out to 6mm (1/4") then I just happened to have a piece of aluminum bar with that thickness, so here came the hacksaw and the aprox length and width for the mounts. after cutting drilled the first hole and then the second 21mm apart(on center) dress them up on a flat metal file, got 4 longer screws from my LHS and presto, this sucka ain't going nowhere!! I hope this gives some one an idea(are you reading Ruune? CEN?) I'll take a FT & rear CNC shock towers and CNC bell crank for my efforts Take care ya'll. here's some pictures so you have an idea.