R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Beginner problem, any help really appriciated.
Old 10-11-2009, 03:05 PM
biofish
Tech Rookie

Default Beginner problem, any help really appriciated.

Right, well I will start by trying to explain the problem - Please anyone who replys please take into account much of the slang/jargon you use is way over my head, please explain in idiot terms, I wont be offended.

Ok so down to my issue, since getting my Kyosho Inferno 7.5, I have only had it running a few times and it wasnt until I started watching videos on the net that I realised mine is slightly different (well actually I noticed the first time I used it that something wasnt right). Basically when I start up the car the wheels start spinning like the trigger is being held down (when its not). Now I understand that this is down to too much fuel in its 'idle' mode. As far as im aware the carb setting for idle is normally the same as when the brakes are applied, now I have fiddled with this to get that right. Now when I pull the trigger and release everything is fine and it sits back into the 'good' idle position, but the opposite affect happens when t he brake is applied, the carb sits half open thus meaning the car keeps on rolling on half speed meaning I'm actually controlling the car by letting off of the brakes (which I know aint right.) - It appears that the arm which pulls and pushes the cylinder inside the carb doesnt quite go back to its neutral position (i.e 1mm from fully closed.

My question really is, if you understand what I mean, How can I solve this (what appears to be a minor) problem?

Thanks again