R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Weird Motor problem..
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2009, 07:58 PM
smokinu
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 82 (99%+)

Originally Posted by houston
i will say the go carbs (unless fixed) leave a little room for improvement .

so hard to say as there are many variables but usually a tad lean on low if after full throttle applied and engine revs up a little then idles normal in less than 3-4 seconds . if the engine idles up and then has a nice blubbery sounding idle for more than 3-4 sec. then it is usually rich with too large of an idle gap . too lean lsn leaves engines with tingy sounding idle and usually minor lean bog when running unless overcompensated with richer than normal hsn . like i said , could be one of many things though . like said before , sticky carb or linkage .
Monty i have done my home work i just replaced the orings in the carb today.. (a bit bigger with some greese on them) to prevent the lsn from creating the air leak
will test my progress tomorrow its to late to run a nitro here in the city.

Originally Posted by blktransam
glad to hear you got it fixed! I thought that but didnt see u post about applying brakes to make the idle drop.
Originally Posted by Zerodefect
Whoa.....hit it right on the head!

Grasshopper says someones engine building/tuneing Kung-fu is improving

I see that you've created an OS Speed out of blown up engine parts. Your skills as a Jedi are now complete.
well actually if i go wot and let off it will slow down like a jake break kinda thing its kind of funny to hear.... but it always returned to idle but thinking back yesterday while running it when i did slam on the breaks it brought it to an idle very quick.

Originally Posted by Semple
I had this problem with an RB WS7. I finally found the leak today. It got progressively worse; from running on at the end of a straight to the point that I can now basically turn laps without touching the throttle. I could take the throttle servo out entirely and turn laps.
now thats just bad.

Originally Posted by houston
yes you must snatch pebble from my hand first
haha Monty do you break in jammin motors? i want my jpx .21 plus done right..