R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Pro Driver Seminar
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2009, 04:34 PM
madweazl
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ABURTON
Puddin, although I generally help anyone at a race for nothing I have done days that I am not racing....

In the case I have made about $100. I go to the track with a driver, pit for him(he is racing), mechanic, show him the lines, tune, etc...

I charge because I leave my family for a day, give him my 100% attention, and even play full time pit guy for the day. I take 10 hours out of a day that I may be working or doing family stuff.

It's usually very helpfull for someone new to do this as they see how someone like myself does it, prepares, etc...

Some guys won't pay one cent like mentioned above. Some will. Usually the ones who are eager to learn quick will use something like that once or twice.
And well worth it in my opinion. A pro can show you how a specific change is going to affect your vehicle in theory and on the track in real time. The chances of you retaining this knowledge is greatly enhanced when coming from a human teacher vice something you read on the net. This person can also watch your style and either tune the vehicle to suit your style or re ommend changes to your driving style (usually the better choice). This saves the customer a lot of frustration in many cases. It will build trust and confidence in the drivers abilities and builds a relationship between the customer and rep from the company.