R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - How would this make you feel?
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2009, 05:38 AM
windellmc
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by madweazl
Tracks dont make money? If that were true, there wouldnt be any. Overhead on the track is minimal. A succesful shop can easily carry track costs.
Tracks make money eh? Have you ran a track? Have you done accounting for a track? Some do make money but most do not. That is why most do not last more than a few years. The owners get tired of losing money or just breaking even. The only successful long term tracks I have seen pay little or no rent or get large turnouts every week.

It is true that once an outdoor track is up and running the overhead is not large. However you are forgetting the Bobcat rental and cost of the property. On top of that you are leaving out the $4k paid for the timing system, $1.5k paid for computer and scoring software, 5-20k for dirt, 2k+ for a driver's stand, $1k for pipe on a big track and it does wear out, and probably some things I forgot like installing power, water, and lights.

If it makes so much money I invite you to build a track and start raking in the dough.