R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - What really pisses me off about racing offroad
Old 10-07-2009, 05:35 AM
Tate72
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 52 (98%+)

Originally Posted by Zerodefect
I bring a bucket of rotton fruit onto the drivers stand to throw at the marshals and get their attention.

I suck at driving so when I can't pass a newb that crashes off the track every thirty seconds I just stick to their rear bumper and scream "wheeeeeee" on the drivers stand repeatedly.

Eventually they'll crash but I'll usually follow them off the track anyway, it gives me a chance to chase the marshalls. Amazing how far up a mashals leg a truggy can go.

I keep my cars tires soaked with TAG body spray for traction, the fumes burn your eyes so you don't want to hold my car too long as a marshal.

Jumping up and down and swearing like an RC pirate are fun things to do during a qual. For added "dramatic purpose" you can throw your radio off the stand onto the track. Noone deos that too often and it makes a cool statement. Bonus points if you can get it to land with the antenae stuck in the track and scatter your batteries across 3 lanes.

I'm sorry but that's just to funny.

I suck myself, have only been in one race but I know what I was somewhat doin wrong. One day I will get better but time and more racing will help. I almost smoked a TM jumping a jump right at him. I felt bad after it happened but watching his reaction was kind of funny I guess. I crashed so much in that first race it was sad. Most of the guys at our track rev there motors up so someone can hear them. Sometimes it's just hard to watch everything.

Just stay calm and don't get upset at the newbies, you were there once to man. And like someone else said, it's a hobby just try and have fun. It can be hard but try and laugh it off it can help some.