R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Schumacher Mi4
Thread: Schumacher Mi4
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2009, 10:52 AM
rezenclowd3
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BlackedOutREVO
The lipo tray, I don't even need one. The car is perfectly balanced the way it is. It might be a little off, but it runs great! I know adding a ppd tray would put wayyyyyy to much weight on the lipo side with the motor flush to the chassis.
Ah, I didn't flip the belts nor will I space the lipo off the chassis. With the ppd tray and lipo weight taped to the lipo, I am very close to balanced and close to 1500g. I always try to run to ROAR spec, even at a club even that doesn't tech. My motor is shoved in some, but not much. I try to keep it balanced with the weight as inward as possible on both sides. For fun Ill take pics of my finished setup later this week. (As long as the guys wanting paint from me don't hussle me too much ;-)

Originally Posted by skypilot
you need to be careful with the molded blocks, as stated, they have built in toe, so with a 1mm spacer front and rear it has like 2.5 rear toe, when your adding or removing spacers your actually twisting or putting a bind on the molded blocks. make sure your hinge pins don't bind
Thanks everyone for informing me on the molded in toe. As far as the hinge pin, I don't expect it to roll freely. I've made sure to ream the inner hinge pin mount, and ream the rear hub as I've read on the Schumacher site. My arms fall freely as does the whole assembly.

Last edited by rezenclowd3; 10-06-2009 at 12:43 PM.