R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Track rights - family vs newbie vs experts - how do you balance it all?
Old 10-06-2009, 05:24 AM
saki2fifty
Tech Initiate

No one should be on the track except for marshals......... during practice or races
So... by the original posters original comment (below), its apparent that it is a slow practice day. Does this mean that on a slow day, like what was originally described... that a pro driver himself is not allow on the track, much like my kid is not allowed on the track?

On a slow day, there aren't going to be marshalls. On a slow day, Every One is going to be walking the track. Is it also assumed that the Pro's who complain (on a slow day) that he will be walking down to the track to flip his own vehicle?

"Allowed on the track" and playing on the track are two totally different things. I think the original poster was somewhat letting his kids play on the track, but for everyone to say that kids are not "allowed on the track" should only be determined by if that kid bought the right to the track by paying the small track fee.

And no, I wouldn't allow my kids to follow behind their vehicles like what everyone is talking about, but if I pay that small track fee... then my kids ARE allowed on the track in the same capacity that a Pro driver is allowed on the track. That is the deciding factor...

Note the original posters comment:

On the weekends, the crowd at the track is generally there for fun - they run around the track, not particularly serious, just for having a good time. I try to bring the gang to the track during this time, when there may be other kids there, when the audience is not a bunch of pros, etc.

I have run into a few situations, where I was at the track essentially alone