R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Class requirements Sportsman/Intermediate/Pro
Old 10-04-2009, 07:55 PM
madweazl
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Amoeba
I was watching the Proline Gas Champs on liverc and wondered what the differences between the Sportsman, Intermediate, and Pro classes are. I searched a little but was unable to find any definite answers on what the differences are. Is it race-specific? Sportsman=non-sponsored, Intermediate=partial/non-chassis sponsored, Pro=chassis sponsored?

Just looking to educate myself and to see what classes I should be shooting for next season.
Sportsman use to indicate some type of spec racing but the term is used very loosely these days it appears. Intermediate is typically your mid pack racers and Pro is compensated/paid drivers. Novice --> intermediate --> expert (top uncompensated/unpaid drivers) --> pro and a sportsman class (could be limited by tire, engine, pipe, etc not associated with a skill level).

Not sure how they're defining their classes but the above is typical. If I had to guess, I'd say novice, int, and expert (didnt notice a pro class) for the Gas Champs.