R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Hot Bodies Cyclone
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2009, 06:52 PM
RCFREAK
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EJ20
I don't have the combo as you have but I have experience with Hara's shocks tower mounts with TC shocks tower which it makes the overall shocks position 2mm lower than the orignal position. So, the shocks oil was too pack to the bladder since the piston is 2mm higher ( closer to the bladder) and it will affect to the rebound. As for your case is similar but just in the other way which is the shocks was in higher position than if you use Hara's shocks tower, so it suppose will give you little more roll and it shouldn't affect any camber change. Hope it's give you a little idea.

thanks for the responses... yes the rear tower was Hara(5 mounting positions) on our Moorespeed... it did put the piston probably 2-3mm towards the bladder....
Actually it was not used as a tuning option, it was by accident... but i did look at a buddy's car... the X**Y, his shocks are also short... and now compared, the travel looks to be similar....

Now i was just thinking, with a high bite surface, carpet or asphalt, look for a setup with the lower shock towers.... perhaps TC towers, on the Moorespeeds??? gotta try it at high bite and see.....

something to think about.....