R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated TC5
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2009, 04:50 PM
rezenclowd3
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Mr Crum, just to respond for fun ;-)

I just bought an Mi4 as well to replace my TC5. I gotta say, the TC5 has be so very good to me. Honestly I think the TC5 is easier to work on, parts are great (slop is easy to get rid of) and its drove me to expert class in 1 year at my track from starting onroad. Even placed 1rst in a 5 race points series with the TC5 My honest opinion: TC5 is awesome.

I myself like to spice things up with change. As I don't travel to other tracks anymore, I haven't had to find a setup for ages. The change to the Mi4 is mainly to build my setup skills.

Nick making all the Mi4 comments also annoyed me ;-) The best comment I read about kits was this: Don't stress about a faster/better kit until you make consistent runs without one mistake. (and no, Im not QUITE there, but it was a change of kit for fun like I said. SOMETIMES I'll have perfect runs....lets not make me look better than I am...or am not ;-)

My TC5 looked this good till last race.

I found the method to get the blue look doesn't last quite as long as I would have liked. (one race)The blue paint doesnt adhere well between layers of CA. Then again, part of the problem was I lowered ride height .5mm all around and upped my shock oil 5wt from 35wt. There are 2 rather large bumps entering the straight which knocked the rear blue CA/paint off. Ill have to try another method later. Still, nice to have a new look while it was clean!