R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - The importance of tires!!
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2009, 06:24 PM
PTP Racing
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I have been reading a lot about the Tag body spray lately. Let me in on this little secret. What are you using this stuff for and what exactly is it.

At the beginning of this year I was carrying 18 sets of tires. At the first few races I found myself using the 1 set of City Blocks I had. I decided at that point to sell all my other tires and use just AKA tires. Since the inserts were so different than everything else (at the time) I felt like switching back and forth between brands kinda messed my setup up. Since March I havent used anything but AKA tires and 90% of that time my choice has been soft City Blocks.

Using just one brand and almost always the same tire has allowed me to concentrate on my setup rather then trying to guess which tire to use. Its also saved me some money but I gotta admit now that the other brands have also started using the stiffer foams I think a lot more about trying some different tires.

I didnt like the Grid Irons much. Mini pin tires arent really my thing but the Revolver looks like it might be a good tire for me in those conditions. I also am not too fond of the I-Beams they do great for what they are but that style tire doesnt steer enough for me but the JConcepts Crowbar looks like it would be a good compromise. I'm not sure I'll ever like anything as much as I like the City Blocks though.