R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Help buying new 1/8th nitro buggy
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2009, 06:16 PM
Zerodefect
Tech Champion

Every time I get a new car or go to a new track I'm back to square one. People allways figure I'm a newb. But by my 3rd qual I'm usually moving up. Next person to go " Hey, your getting fast quick for a rookie" is going to get TAG body sprayed in their eyes. Takes me a little while to figure a new kit or track out.

Got the 809 on the track today. Did ok, podium 3rd place. I bent the tar out of my 086 pipe.

I also cleared a jump way better then I intended and hit a immovable wooden wall head on at about 30 mph. I'd hate to see what this tank could do to a marshals leg.

No damage to the 809. Hardly a scratch. My RC8 would have blown to pieces at such an impact. This things a tank. I did manage to strip out my Xray servo arm.

We have a chicane at the end of our straight that is really tempting to blast through. You can fly through it if your brave and hit it just right. If you turn to late you smash into a wall at full speed. If you turn too early you pipe and bounce back and forth across the lane a few times like a pinball. I popped in a hitec arm and its been good since.

Darn nice car. And I still complain about turn-in. LOL. Never can have too much off power steering. Nice thing about being light, you don't have to run big $300 engines.