R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Buying a truggy, Advice?
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2009, 06:48 PM
WingWrecker
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Just to throw in my 2 cents...

After having a couple MT's, I started out with the Losi 8ight 2.0 RTR buggy about 5 weeks ago and I couldn't be happier. Getting the upgrades, to me has been part of the fun and also a good learning experience.

I started with Traxxas bashers and like you, decided I wanted to get serious and race. And with my RTR I am keeping up with the 'real' racers at my track with thier hopped up rollers - untill I crash anyways!

My plastic shock ends havent failed yet. My servos didnt have a chance to, as I replaced the steering pretty quick and moved the stock steering to throttle. In fact, not one thing has broken/failed to date. And I'm definately not babying this car.

I did sell and replace the starter box as it didn't have enough umph to keep turning the super-tight 350 engine during break in.

The included radio is by far the best you will get with any RTR. And despite what I've read in many posts online, the telemetry readings have been pretty spot on for me.

I say get the Losi RTR and get your upgrades as you see fit. This is by far the most complete, truly ready to race package out there.

The end.

Evvy