R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - BMI's DB12R
Thread: BMI's DB12R
View Single Post
Old 09-30-2009, 07:32 AM
PartTime
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by avs
i had forgotten that the turn-in was better with the angled servo, i will go back to that.

regarding lube choice: i went to #3 in the tubes because it would diff with #4, is there a front end change that can compensate?

tire choice: i had been wanting to run a softer tire, but this carpet is less than a year old and in the first or second month of running we were getting a glazing on the untreated portion of the fronts, only the blacks were drivable in the first half of the race.
it had been suggested that the glazing in the front was due to too much rear grip and increased front slip angles. i was practicing last weekend with lilac/grey and short flex bars, and was only getting very little glazing.
however it felt a little slippery in the fast sections and still a little push in the tighter sections.

in the meantime, i will switch back to an angled servo and try again.
We have the new crc carpet at our track also. Black front and yellow or pink rear are the only tires that will hold on for the whole 8mins. Tried dbl pink front and rear in mod and it was great. Held on the whole run. Tried magenta all around in stock and it was pretty good but the whole car got skatty after 7 mins. Wish I could find pink all around. Bet that would be the ticket.

HTH
DK