R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - U.S. Vintage Trans-Am [PICS & PAINT Discussion ONLY!!!]
Old 09-28-2009, 07:56 PM
Scooter79rs
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by snoopyrc
The HPI VTA shells have nice undercuts and tight corners as they translate from the shape of the actual cars they represent. However its a bear to mask if you are trying to put a lot of differrent colors together. Usually a Mustang will be painted with just a couple of Shelby stripes or the stripe that drops off the hood at an angle. Either way the shell doesnt lend itself well to the style of paint job you see on a stratus.

Good luck with your efforts to start a VTA class. Usually the best thing to do is build a car and start practicing with it. Other locals will see that and those that are interested will prep a car just like you are doing. Soon you will have what you need to start a class at your local track.
My primary colours are red and blue so I thought I'd try to two-tone paint scheme, I only the fluro green on my tourers more for visibility reasons and all of my bodies have been painted more or less in a striped paint scheme. I do have a picture of a 69-71 Falcon at Bathurst that was bright yellow with pink bumpers. I'll just have to have a closer look at the paint schemes in this years Classic Adelaide, problem is most of the Aussie muscle looks like this