R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TIRE AND WRAP ?????
View Single Post
Old 09-28-2009, 06:12 PM
CJ Weaver
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by shady3031
Got 2 quick questions-

What's a good tire for an idoor blue grooved fresh track on a losi truggy?

Also what is the best way to install a wrap-i mean do any of you use soapy water on the body to allow the sticker to be positioned correctly or just do it dry, do you use a heat gun to help get out wrinkles. So please post how you guys do it as I have a new qrap to install this week, I've done it before and it turned out ok just wanted to see if there was an easier way

Thanks for info guys-love the site
Jason
Hey Jason,

I have been running Blue/Yellow Double Dees (Half-Ups) on my Losi 8ight-T 2.0 and love them. If the track temperature is over 100 degrees I recommend running the yellow compound. I am assuming it is going to be cold since it is indoor, so I recommend the blue compound. The Double Dees work best on the new JConcept Dish Wheels in my opinion with the stock Half-Up foam.

As for the wraps, if you are putting it on a wing or some other hard plastic, I use denatured alcohol to clean off any oil. I don't recommend motor spray since it weakens the plastic, and if it cold outside, the plastic will break. Not sure what to do with a body wrap, but normally when I decal my bodies I just wipe them off real well with a clean rag.

Hope this helps.

CJ Weaver