R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Bumps and Jumps 09/10 offroad season
View Single Post
Old 09-27-2009, 07:47 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ultegrasti
that would stink somewhat for folks pickin up a sc10, strike, or blitz etc to have to change motor/speedo etc to 'fit in' with a class. but if their not equal. their not equal.

almost completely the reason why mod truck sounded better to me from the word 'go'.

R
I think they will be equal since the Slash seems to have the best tires. At PitStop the The two fastest laptimes where Adam and Kurt with Slash trucks. They also had plenty of rip with the 55 can 12 motor they have. By looking at them the Losi looks best but it isn't any better on the track.

If we keep the Spec class that everyone has to run the stock type tires that came with their brand truck then I think all problems will be solved. Right now the Associated tires work ok and same with the Losi. Tires are always the great equalizer in any type racing. Drivers can do so much but tires will help any driver good or bad.

I honestly don't think the motor that comes in the SC10 is all that great even though it has external brushed and springs. The other two brands are sealed motors but I think they are a lower turn. I left my SC10 motor bone stock (since we shouldn't be allowed to change brushes and springs. My truck was only mid pack speed down the straight aways but I just drove more consistant. Plenty of guys could easily run my lap times with the Slash but just didn't run as many laps smoothly like I managed this week.

So far so good onwhat I seen with the Slash vs the Losi and Associated. At this time my opinion is the Slash guys have nothing to worry about in being competitive. The Slash easily holds its own. I wouldn't of thought it could but when all trucks run SPEC its a toss up on the trucks.

Bob Moore didn't run his Slash at PS this week but he has been the man to beat and I'm sure had he run I wouldn't of won on Friday night. I seen his truck run and it works better than mine. Will see on Sunday at Garlands big race. Bob is signed up and I expect he will be once again the man to beat.....in his Slash. His son is pretty darn fast with his Slash as well. If anything I think the Losi and Associated guys have alot more to fear. Like I said tires take care of everything and the Slash has the best ones so far.