R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya mini cooper
View Single Post
Old 09-24-2009, 06:50 PM
rnd_tang
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by caltek1
rnd_tang,

The slop in on the back wheels. How do I get rid of that? It's so bad that the bearings are even sliding out of their sockets. Place shims onto the rear axle to take out the slop. You will need 5mm diameter shims in 0.1, 0.2 and 0.3mm sizes

I also got the TA03 ball diff but when I give it full power and lock full left, the wheels will slow down and eventually stop spinning and when I release the steering it will start spinning again. Is it chattering just prior to full lock. If so reduce your throw left and right. How many "o" rings in the drive cup? Sounds like something is binding. Are you using mini shocks? Require more information to help out.

I've managed to strip one of the screw holes, what's the best way you guys found to fix this? I just pulled it apart again and put some CA in there. Havent put it back together yet but do you guys think this would suffice. Depends which screw hole you have stripped out. If i t is a plastic one then use a bigger screw. Place a piece of fishing line into the hole and then screw in screw and cut off excess fishing line.

Hope some of that helps, or gives you a starting point.

Regards,

Calvin.

Hi Calvin,

Thanks for the responses.

I will go and get myself some shims tonight.

I m using TA05 shocks as I had a spare set laying around. As far as I m aware the shocks you get with the M05Pro are exactly the same as the TA05 ones, except they need that extra part to go over the shock piston to shorten it. I’ve only got one O ring is the drive cup. I did put some in the drive cup on the diff side as well because te dogbones were loose like crazy! Are they meant to be like that? Could that be my problem? And yes, it only starts chattering and stops spinning at full lock.

With the stripped screw hole… I ll just go and buy a new part. Its only 8 dollars.

Thanks.