R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/12 forum
Thread: 1/12 forum
View Single Post
Old 09-24-2009, 01:45 PM
timmay70
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ds400
Hey guys , I new to 1/12th setup. I race on asphalt. Cant get the t bar screws right. Is there a way of setting them. I think mine are too tight or something, cant get the right setting. What happen if they are too tight?
How do they need to be set?
Please help
Thanks
I believe that you are talking about the tweak screws? If that is the case, the last time I ran a t-plate car (early 90s), I would put the car flat on a table, ready to run. Next, lowered one screw until I saw the light gap disappear between the screw and chassis. Repeat for the other screw. There should be a slight gap. Next, turn each screw a little at a time until they actually touched.

The biggest problem was not pre-loading the t-plate, as it induced some horrible reactions, and possibly pre-maturely fatigued the fiberglass.

Back then I used a tweak station to set the cross weight (tweak). Now I see people using the coins on the front wheels. I still think the tweak station is still the best method.

It is still a tuning option. With the Rev.5L we are leaving the tweak springs backed off all the way unless we really need turn-in. I know of good drivers that will leave the screws backed out equally on a t-plate.