R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - how do you guys clean your cars?
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2009, 04:46 PM
NITROBUGGYFREAK
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by el tater toto
hey all, being somewhat of a noob, i was wondering how you guys clean your cars. ive been using a tooth brush and lots of q-tips. i also tried an air conditioner brush (looks like a paintbrush but with reallly stiff plastic bristles to get in the fins of an air conditioner) and that didnt work very well except to remove grass. i thought of trying carb or brake cleaner but i figured that would also remove alot of the greased and oiled parts. but 20 q-tips and about 45 mins with a toothbrush every day is getting annoying ha ha

I drive 1:8 nitros and 1:5 gassers and they get really filthy from time to time.

All I do is put metholated spirits into a spray bottle with an adjustable nozzle (goes from spraying a mist to concentrated stream) and spay the whole car/truck. The metholated spirits reamoves all oil and dirt residue, it drys quickly due to the alcohol content in it and wont rust your buggy/truck.

Every 5 to 6 tanks I totally strip my vehicle to check for worn parts and give it the once over. I always clean my vehicles and give them a quick check for any damage after every run.

But I find metholated spririts is an easy and quick way of cleaning your car especially if you have been using 2 or 3 of them in the one day.

All the other methods are top rate as well. I'm sure you will take a little from each and work out which is best for you.