R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Novarossi engines thread
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2003, 05:47 PM
GoldFinger
Tech Fanatic

This is some tips that I forgot(sorry) where I got it.

- Before installing the clutch assy, install the engine mount first and use threadlocker(medium/blue).
- Place a wet sandpaper (#400-600) on your table, the flatest you have. I preffer glass surface.
- Sand the lower part of engine mount (w/ engine) in just one direction. If you want to know how well you doing it, mark that lower part with permanent/board maker. So you will amaze with your own skill.

I am not sure wether this will helps or not but I do believe that by doing this, you will reducing huge amount of vibration.
If you have couple engine for each car, go buy engine mount for each of your engine. So you dont have to do that everytim you install an engine.

Another good tip is placing shim before flywheel, as thick as possible (usually I do .5 x 2). You will save your front bearing more and you can adjust your centax with only single shim.

As for the flywheel, do tighten hard as you can. Just remember when you remove it dont whack it off with your plier or driver !!
Buy or borrow a flywheel wrench. Even light/medium tap will effect your bearing coz its high speed type and does not designed to receive an axial load/impact.

Just my 2 cents