R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Losi JRXS Type-R
View Single Post
Old 09-22-2009, 02:58 PM
SweepRacingUSA
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MikeXray
I didn't mean to say it doesn't work, just that is shouldn't induce a push. I'm sure there is a valid reason why it did, but its likely that something else needed to change to make the combo work. I tend to run 1-2 shims under the front ballstud in the 1 hole so I have a feeling that we prefer the way the angled link rolls on the front. I haven't been running them recently as the car has had more than enough steering.
hey Mike I see you running high roll center up on front, in that case with 2 shims under ballend of spindle can give you too much bump steering (bum-in)? with that much bump in and camber gain....wow...

Originally Posted by YmeBP
I've always been intrigued by the design of the Jr link. It is actually intended to reduce camber gain and create a flatter movement of the wheel through it's suspension arc (at least that is what i am theorizing, i think we should pester someone at losi to answer us for sure) i've seen it used effectively on asphalt but it does require a certain level of skill to get it around the track, that level i don't have. The camber links suite my driving style better.

The reason you have so much wear is that you have too much camber in your wheel at the end of it's travel. I've done that to front before when i run 6* hubs with the car and 2* fron camber by the time it's at the end of ti's travel and under full lock it's got osmething like 8*-10* of camber so it's only running on the very inside edge of the tire. Check it out on your setup station. Compress the suspension w/ your camber thingies on it.
why would you run 2deg camber with 6deg castor? like you found out yourslef, I could tell you that will give you too much neg camber at the end of suspension travle, no need to check with a set up tool for that thats on basic 101 of RC.

I had a 4deg casotor block with 1 deg camber, my usual for the Jackson with a Sorex

take a look at Lucas's car he created inside ring on his tire as well, after 1-2 run on that tire(IMO 1run).

I dont think he runs 6deg castor with 2deg camber either, I m not saying jr link is faster all the time but in my finding it gives even tire wear on the asphalt (w/ 4deg castor that is!)

add: I'm attaching my setup sheet for that day for Tory to find "the reason" for me. if he was able to find "the reason" with out even looking at my setup or my car, I can even imagine what he can find after looked at my sheet., this should be your perfect timekiller since you all banged up with your car accident. get well dude.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	COUPE-DE-france-2009N0120_b.jpg
Views:	489
Size:	33.6 KB
ID:	502159   Click image for larger version

Name:	jrxs-r-setupsheet JL  Jackson 1st week.jpg
Views:	219
Size:	340.9 KB
ID:	502164  

Last edited by SweepRacingUSA; 09-22-2009 at 03:23 PM.