R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Bumps and Jumps 09/10 offroad season
View Single Post
Old 09-22-2009, 12:31 PM
lappdawg27
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jmackani
If the roar rules allow stock sc10 and slash to run together then why aren't the tracks allowing it? We need to get off the the topic of calling it the slash class and start calling it stock short course truck.
I tend to agree with this. Pitstop and Garlands both allow the stock SC10 RTR to run in the SPEC Slash Class. Bob Moore posted some rules on the Pitstop thread which allowed you to run any of the stock SCT electronics/tires (that includes the Strike and Blitz when they come out) on any of the SCT chassis. My SC10 kit has the stock steering servo, the XL-5 esc, and the Titan 12T motor as well as the Slash tires, which makes it legal to run it against the Slashes at Pitstop (and Garlands).

I think the problem with the mod class is that some guys are gonna buy the RTR Blitz or Strike and are gonna be forced to run the mod class, where some guys may be running motors considerably quicker than the stock equipment (unless you make a motor limit). Right away they are gonna have to upgrade to be competitive.

I think there should be 2 SCT classes:
Stock SCT (any of the RTRs) and mod SCT (whatever the heck you feel like running, sans the 1/8 tires, they look dumb on a Slash!!)