R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/12 forum
Thread: 1/12 forum
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2009, 04:36 PM
InspGadgt
Tech Champion

Sorry must of missed that...ok here's what I did...but consider I was in the D main But I believe that had more to do with the driver then the car.

Tires were cut down to 1.7" in the rear and 1.6" in the front with the full sidewall CA'd to prevent traction rolling. In the rear I ran with Jack across the full back. In the front I only put Jack on about the inside 1/4th of the tire. I kept having problems where the Jack would wick across the tire too much if I did any more then 1/4th of the tire. At 1/4 of the tire it would wick to about 1/3rd the tire to just under half. I might have been better off with Lilac fronts so I could use more Jack and not worry about having too much. But I had already set the car up and figured out the tire so I didn't want to take the chance of messing things up.

Your problem with gumming up might just be the difference in the carpets used. IIC had brand new CRC carpet so it didn't seem to gum up too much. I've seen other carpets gum up so it could be a brand thing or could be how much compound is already in the carpet.