R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Losi JRXS Type-R
View Single Post
Old 09-14-2009, 04:51 PM
YmeBP
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by da_John_wee
you dont hit things hahah

unlike PROS, I do hits a lot like rest of us and this parts was made and sold most to them most like any other parts/products

well but it's got not much to do with hitting somethng, like I mentioned when you race on rough surface if car get jumpy and landing few times in every map it can grind that part down easily, just think about it.

just pull out the out drive from your car and inspect that slots on the out drives, it's got bigger and out drives rocking back and forth inside of the tube, beilive me I'll inspect your car next time we meet to show you if you dont do it by your self

Larry mentioned this before we all know that, but think about all other cars in the past that had a 1pc solid axle on the front, why can't this car handle the stress ? the oneway is like a spool in forward motion and stock out drives for one way never had any problem, it might stripped a spur gear if you have a stock centershaft but I never heard outdrives got stripped.

anyway I know FF is good products and all but there is always room for improvement and making one like one way tube can be better version.

Add: pic of my out drives added and wanted to mentioned you may say I did something wrong installing cups in it but both of out drives have same damaged on it and I dont think I can make same exact mistakes on both out drives on same time.

when I race at Jackson (very flat surface) I was fine but 1 day on parking lot style racing killed this parts.

I wish i had an image of the damage from me wraping my car around a track border pin with my 2.5 at top speed hahah. Trust me i hit things hahaha.

Don't get me wrong I hear what you are saying, but I've been running the same outdrives for 2 seasons . when I raced against you at Jackson they with 2 year old outdrives. I took them out of the factory spool and put them right back into the flying fox spool .

The other part of it is that I maintain my car o.k. at best. I try to shim out play and such but if it's still running in a relatively straight line (even with a little input) I'm not changing anything. Ask Rui when I rebuilt my diff at the Xray race my inner diff bearing was shot and I had no clue hahaha. Shame on me I know but I don't do badly in the standings and I try to have fun .