R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya TB-03
Thread: Tamiya TB-03
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2009, 07:12 PM
DriftWoof
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (83%+)

Originally Posted by Timmie
No, you need to check the free play with what ever diff you run always. When I run a one way in my car I have to change the amount of shims I use versus when I have a spool. You might not even need shims, depends on how the parts you have fit your car. I know it seems to be a pain to do but saves you from getting frustrated with a broken car later. If you change your diffs back and forth a lot you can do what I do. Once I know how many shims I need for a diff, when I am not using it I put it in a small zip lock bag and with a marker write, 2 shims left, 4 shims right etc. on the bag. Then when I want to make a diff change I just make sure the shims are right and drop it in the car. I only use .1 shims so if you use .3 shims you would need to specify how many of those were needed.
I think I understand. I plan on just sticking the front one way and rear spool in and closing it until it breaks or needs to be clean(could be years since it's sealed?) I have to make sure there is no play and that the gears are meshing correctly? Not too tight though correct? Leave as much play as you would with the motor pinion and spur gear when installing a motor?

EDIT: Also, I wish there was a better way to turnbuckles come off easier. I can get them off but when I do I feel like I am going to rip and arm off or break something since it comes off all of a sudden. If anyone knows any proper techniques for turnbuckles removal please let me know then.

Last edited by DriftWoof; 09-12-2009 at 03:55 AM.