R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - caster grenade mk2
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2009, 12:18 PM
smokinu
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 82 (99%+)

Originally Posted by pete 26
The Caster Grenade in it's stock form is a very good motor.I have raced two of them for almost a year now.No failures at all.No leaks and I'm still on the original connecting rods and bearings.These motors run strong and will yank a V spec on the straits.I cannot imagine anyone wanting more power in a race engine.When I was told Mario designed this engine I knew it wasn't true because it was too affordable.I think he designed the one that this is a copy of...I could care less.These engines work for me.I am a mid pack pro on a very tight budget.This is an affordable truely race worthy motor.As far as budget priced motors go I think it's the very best.They're a little more tune sensative but once you learn the carb your good to go. Everyone thinks mine is modded.It just screams.I hope they don't change it.I like it just the way it is.When these two are worn out (soon) I'll buy a couple more.I am not sponsored by these guys either.I just know a good deal when I see one.....No engine in this price range is better than the Caster Grenade...Period.
dont get me wrong my stock grenade is AWESOME! but i want to get more run time out of it 13 mins is not ENOUGH! power if it comes with the economy so be it!
i had both of mine in a brick of an mbx5r and she pulled losi 2.0s with v specs down the straight then again i was running a 14t clutch bell

and james as soon as i get my a main order ill get some testing in and some vids