R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - want to go nitro...tell me why i should or should not...
Old 09-10-2009, 01:51 PM
09 lex 250
Suspended

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Echelon
If you read some "How to tune an engine" and dont mess with those needles like crazy, it really isn't that hard... Especially when someone helps you in the beginning, thats the hardest part IMO.
i agree with you on that..i can work a car pretty good imo..but the tuning will be my issue probably

Originally Posted by token
Sorry just to say - Nitro is WAY more fun than electric. Yes could be more expensive but worth all the frustration and cost............

Crowds watching, racing under the lights, smoke and dust, go home dirty and feeling like a brut man - ahahahahaha - pitstops and pitman easy to find a pit man. Not running pro at first so a extra second durning a pit stop is not goign to kill ya. Any thing you needs or help you may need, just ask and you will get all the help you needs plus some.

lol i see this at least 2x's a week and ive officially fell in love with nitro!!

My only suggestion is: When it comes down to buying, DONT ASK NO ONE FOR SUGGESTIONS, just way to many opinions and arguments. Do the research and buy what pleases you. There are alot of GOOD products out there. Some work for some and others work for others. I like Losi and JR, others like Mugen and Hitec. All are good in there own rights but people in the hobby feel very strong about there choices. THEY REPRESENT. Its not a problem until people start trashing other companies they personally dont like.

so with that, just do you homework and buy what you like and not what people tell you to buy.
EXACTLY!! ive been telling people this for years.im gld someone else thinks like me

Originally Posted by motomanpat
For me I love nitro but with all the new electric technology electric is more maintenance free than nitro. Not to say that you don't need to do maintenance on electric but nitro just takes more time and effort. I like both equally at this point. 1/8 in itself is almost unbreakable all the cars are solid. When I run 1/10 I for sure have more breakage,parts,pieces and such. Enjoy
i feel ya on the 10 electrics breaking

Originally Posted by Double D Donuts
now im no pro, but i prefer electric to nitro..

the only thing i like about nitro is the long mains. i currently race on road electric and its fun, but the 5 minute mains kind of stink, it forces you to drive agressive the whole time. in a nitro main, a steady pace is better than a frantic one which you chance flipping yourself and losing more time than just taking that fraction of a second more.

right now i have a lightning pro 2 that has no power plant, im on the verge of getting either a conversion kit, or getting a v spec.. it all depends on what my track has to say (class wise). i kind of want to race the longer mains..
i agree with having longer mains for electric too this whole 6 min thing is drivin me nuts.isnt that what lipos were designed for? longer runtimes?