R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Servo for Losi 8T 2.0??
View Single Post
Old 09-07-2009, 10:25 PM
Frank L
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Originally Posted by losi_racer
really dont know. for about a month a had many run aways, even had one while i was sitting to be put down and quiet it jumped off my starter box and blew the motor. after this happened i bought a new radio and got hi end jr. all i use now is the 9100 series, started racing in sept and still using the same two servos in my buggy, all the runaways happened in the truggy which had the cheaper servos, used the same dx2.0 for both cars
I had one runaway I had just broke in a new speed wc II engine and the throttle servo failed. The truck took off and luckily a corner marshel was able to get it shut down before it popped. I always run a throttle returnband they cost like 5 cents and somehow I forgot to put it back on after pulling the engine and inspecting the clutch bearings before my main. Big mistake. Iusethe return bands from gmk they comein a pack for a few bucks and have saved my engine. Few times like when the reciever battery top broke and I lost the reciever battery. The truck just rolled to a stop and nothing happened. I have raced some events that require the return band and tech the cars, if you don't have the band you are disqualifed. Bottom line is use the return band and prevent runaways.

Ohh yea BTW the 200 jr high volt servos are well worth the money.