R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya TB-03
Thread: Tamiya TB-03
View Single Post
Old 09-06-2009, 01:16 AM
DriftWoof
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (83%+)

Originally Posted by Timmie
Yes a direct coupling/spool is the same thing. If you have the money buy all three items. That way you can experiment on what works best for you and your driving style. You might like a spool up front better along with a center one way and a ball diff in the rear. Or you might like the one way up front with spool in the rear. In the end, to really feel that you are getting the most out of your car you need to try everything, then there won't be any doubts on what you like best.
I checked my Yokomo and compared the 2. They are both extremely similar as if Tamiya copied the Yokomo MR4TC SD and got rid of the play, and made it symmetrical.

My Yokomo setup is locked front and rear, center one way. I was thinking of going the same route.

Or maybe this:

-Locked Rear(Spool)
-One Way Up Front

That's it.

Let me know what you guys think of this, also if you guys have any other suggestions on anything for the TB-03D let me know.

EDIT: Also I forgot to add, when I install these parts like the front one way up front and the spool in the rear do I need to "shim" how many shims do I add on each side? Is it the same? 3 on each side?

Last edited by DriftWoof; 09-06-2009 at 01:55 PM.